Prior Learning (RPL)
Fast-track your qualification…
AAMC Training’s recognition of prior learning (RPL) pathway provides an opportunity for individuals to leverage their existing vocational knowledge and skills to attain their qualification.
The RPL process evaluates evidence of experience and industry knowledge against the competency requirements of qualification.
AAMC Training are recognised by industry as one of the premium providers for RPL Pathways, which include options for those from various broking and lending client facing roles. See our eligibility criteria to determine whether you will qualify.
To apply for RPL you must meet the following eligibility criteria;
- Be working in a client facing lending role for the past two years as a credit representative of a lending or broking firm. (Exceptions may be made for those who are dealing with third party brokers and have previous client facing lending experience or those who have had 18 months as an active broker, and have previously been working in a broking support role).
- Be able to provide references from at least two professional business referrers ie; accountant, financial planner, builder, agent.
- Be able to provide third party testimonials from a qualified person who has known you professionally for the past two years, and can attest to your knowledge and experience.
- Be able to provide a continuous professional development (CPD) statement outlining your learning activities for the past twelve months.
Additional requirement for the FNS50322 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management
- Must have a sound knowledge complex lending across a range of complex structures and/or securities ie; company, multiple securities/debts, equipment, commercial, business, investor, development, trust, guarantee.
Recognition of Prior Learning Process
Step 1: Complete skills and knowledge tasks consisting of;
- Evidence documents/templates
- Third-party testimonials
- Gap Assessments
Please note that for the FNS50322 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management (Upgrade), you will also be required to provide a certified copy of your Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking.
Step 2: Participate in an interview with a qualified AAMC Training assessor. The final assessment (Interview Request) comprises questions that will be posed during the assessor interview. You must provide two alternative appointment times to the assessor via the interview request form. The assessor will select one of these times or contact you to arrange another mutually convenient time. The interview will be conducted virtually via Zoom and will be voice recorded.
Choose your Qualification
AAMC Training Group is a wholly Australian-owned Registered Training Organisation (RTO number 51428), operating nationally and internationally.
Our Industry Associations
Have Further Questions?
Continual Professional Development (CPD) provides each individual with a framework within which they must take responsibility for their own learning. A number of associations have CPD programs in place and the CPD has become a legal requirement in many sectors of the finance industry. Hours are awarded for each activity and these hours are set by the relevant associations or the regulatory bodies pertaining to the relevant profession.
AAMC Training Group is a wholly Australian owned Registered Training Organisation (RTO number 51428), operating nationally and internationally.
All of our qualification courses are both nationally recognized as well as recognized by the FBAA and MFAA.